Monday, August 27, 2012

Cupcake Business that can be relocated to ANYWHERE in the Country -

The Cupcake Sanctuary is an independent company trading as a limited company in Rochester Kent. We started the business in January 2010 and became a limited company in November 2010. I started to attend local events with an array of my cupcakes and I was starting to get a name for myself due to my unusual and signature such as snickers, coconutter, custard cream and baileys goo just to name a few. This differentiated my products from other cupcake bakers. . Before long I negotiated a pitch within a local shopping centre and started working Saturdays and Sunday selling cupcakes. I would take additional cupcake orders at the weekend and soon I was producing cakes throughout the week, some weeks I was baking up to 1000 cupcakes a week. The cost of a cupcake is approximately 30 pence with an RRP of 1.50. One person can produce up to 450 cupcakes per day and I have developed a streamlined process of baking which does not involve freezing like other cupcake businesses. Wedding cupcakes can cost RRP of 1.75 to 2.25 and the average wedding order will be 110 cupcakes with a 9inch top cake for the ceremonial cutting of the cake at 75. It is my company policy that I only accept one wedding order per date so that full attention to detail is given to the happy couple’s cake, this results in bookings being taken for up to 13 months in advance. I have a signature rose cake that is hugely popular and this is the only large cake that I produce this sells for75. I also do a cupcake bouquet which is a real show stopper, they RRP at 45.00. I also hold private cupcake classes that can be held in the clients home for 95 per person. This has also been very popular in a gift voucher form for clients to redeem within a 12 month period. The Cupcake Sanctuary has grown into a popular brand, our reputation grew very quickly when I started to have celebrity clients such as Peter Andre, Alexandra Burke and Kim Woodburn who has a very sweet tooth for my custard creams. In 2011 I acquired an edible gift company which forced me into a commercial unit as I could no longer cope at home. As the edible gift company has grown it has very quickly taken over all of the space in our workshop and my time. We have just been taken on by two of the UK largest online retailers which will mean an even larger work load and I am now not able to cope with the two businesses and I feel that I am not giving The Cupcake Sanctuary the attention it needs or deserves. I have also had to stop our weekend pitch within the shopping centre as I couldn’t be in two places at once. Orders come in via the website and Facebook and I have had to be more selective over the orders that I accept due to my other commitments. As a brand The Cupcake Sanctuary has the advantage of being able to relocate to anywhere in the country. I am looking for someone that is going to enjoy the business as much, cherish it as much as I do and take it to the next level, to where it deserves to be. The potential is huge from retail opportunities, wholesale, event, exhibitions and farmers markets and will be as big as you can handle. This will not only make an amazing business to someone but also a great addition to any existing business such as coffee shop or deli that is looking to bring in an additional revenue stream. An interested buyer will need to have ideally knowledge of baking or a willingness to learn and create. You will need to have completed level 2 food safety course and also be registered with your local council. You will also need professional indemnity insurance as well as public liability insurance to enable you to produce and attend any events or exhibitions and this can cost around 20 a month. The Cupcake Sanctuary is not currently VAT registered. Included in the sale will be the following: • The transfer of ownership of “The Cupcake Sanctuary Ltd” with companies house. • The website, this does have the feature where a customer can place

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular